HONORABLE PRESIDING JUSTICE AMPARO M. CABOTAJE-TANG
1. For our court to stand united as a stronghold against graft and corruption. We are all unique in temperament and disposition, and we may differ with one another from time to time. But let us not allow our personal and official differences to tear us away from the tie that binds us all: our accountability to the public whom we are sworn to serve. Let the patriotism that resides in each of us raise us above our personal passions, so that we may continue to dispense justice speedily, completely and justly.
2. For our court to exercise, enforce and execute its powers more actively and purposefully. We cannot afford to be perceived as passive or timid. We need not wait to be prodded to act when the rules and circumstances make it clear that we should already act. This duty of swift justice carries the same compelling force whether it involves convicting the guilty, or freeing the innocent, or recovering public assets conclusively proven to be ill-gotten. Let speedy and substantial justice be our touchstone – one that vigorously "follows through" to as complete a conclusion as possible, so that no judicial triumph shall ever be empty or in vain.
3. For all of us to cooperate in instituting a time-sensitive process to speed up the resolution of cases pending before the court.
4. For us to instill a sense of pride in every public servant who works for this court. No role is "too small to be important." The administrative staff, the stenographer, the process server, the records custodian, the security personnel, and the janitorial staff – must all realize their crucial role in "keeping the whole administrative house in order, for such is vital to the court's ultimate role of dispensing justice to the nation."
5. Is really a prayer: that our court may be blessed with that constant power of discernment in all the cases laid before us, avoid delaying justice yet avoid rushing to judgment, and extend judicial protection to those who truly deserve protection, in order to deliver true justice for all.